Saturday, January 26, 2008

Expressjet / Five Stars

I recently had the opportunity to fly with a new airline from Spokane, WA to Reno, NV. My wife booked us with Expressjet. To my surprise this was one of the finest flight experiences I have ever had. My wife and I were seated near the front of the aircraft and shortly after takeoff was asked what type of beverage I would like including alcoholic beverages. Being a teatoddler I politely declined and thanked the flight attendant for the offer. I asked her if we had been placed into first class because our ticket was for economy to which she politely responded and said everyone in the plane was first class. Thinking that she was kidding she continued down the aisle serving others. After completing her beverage service she immediately went to work and brought us a complete meal. I was now really beginning to wonder if she was serious when she said everyone was first class because she served the same meal to all in the aircraft. After completing the meal service she again came back and started refilling our drink glasses. It was at this point that I asked her again if we were in first class and she politely smiled and said that everyone in the aircraft was first class. She explained to me that there was no economy class with Expressjet. She continued down the aisle serving beverages and then came one more time with a box loaded with granola bars and cookies and other snacks. At 52 years of age I have done a lot of flying but have never experienced this type of service.

Expressjet will always be my airline of choice in the future. I wish them success as they grow in an industry that has only ever cut their services and treated their customers as second rate citizens. Way to go EXPRESSJET !!!

No comments: